If when you provide Personal Information to BlackBox you are given the opportunity to limit how such information will be used to communicate with you, either by BlackBox or by third parties, BlackBox will not change your preference in this regard without your express consent.
2. Entities Collecting Personal Information
Personal Information on this Site is collected by BlackBox (Blackbox Digital Guild Inc.), a company incorporated in Canada and operating out of Ottawa, Ontario.
3. Updating Your Personal Privacy Preferences
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. This may be accomplished by making changes to your profile settings, where you can view and make changes to most of your Personal Information immediately. For security purposes, certain Personal Information can only be changed by contacting support by email. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
4. Collection of Personal Information
As a BlackBox member, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Contact information such as your name, phone and fax numbers, address and email address; and
- Billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your credit card; and
- Demographic information such as your job title, job description and company name and company type.
- Skills set and Interests information, such as your industry capabilities, and sharing and collaboration preferences.
If you submit content to BlackBox for licensing, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- Contact information such as your name, phone number, primary address, and email address.
- Payment and contributor information including, but not limited to, payout method, payout email, desired display name, skill level, content focus, etc.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
As is true of most websites, when you use the Site, BlackBox or third parties authorized by BlackBox may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. BlackBox also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. To better understand the needs of our visitors to the Site we may occasionally match such information with your Personal Information. As permissible under law, we may supplement the information you provide to us with demographic and other information stored in third-party databases in order to make it more likely that marketing communications we send will be of interest to you.
5. Information Sharing with Service Providers / Agents
We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
6. How Your Personal Information Is Used
- Process your financial transactions.
- Send you order / renewal confirmations.
- Register your rights, if any, to technical support or other benefits that may be made available to registered users.
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Administer your account.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Keep you informed about special offers and services of BlackBox and selected third parties.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
- Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings; and
- Customize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, transparent images, and/or third party sources to create a summary of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and/or your membership usage history, to information in the summary, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the site for you and/or to determine your preferences.
We further reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process served on BlackBox ) and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at info@BlackBox.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Protection of Your Personal Information
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
- Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
- Your Personal Information resides on a secure server that only selected BlackBox personnel and contractors have access to via password.
- Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to BlackBox.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web Site, you can send email to us at info@BlackBox.com.
9. Cookie and Tracking Technologies
The Site may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and provide site functionality.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by BlackBox and our affiliates, analytics services and service to provide site features and functionality. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We enable you to create a profile for online communities for sharing information and identifying potential collaborators. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Any information you post to a BlackBox bulletin board is available to all persons accessing that location.
10. Social Media Widgets
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not enter information on this site or engage our services. If you believe a child of yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information please contact info@BlackBox.com to have the data removed and terminate the child’s account.
12. Privacy Complaints